Paris Pharmacy Buys Part 2

| 4 Comments


On my recent Paris trip, I picked up a few things from City Pharma again.  Here's a quick look at products I didn't get to buy the last time around.




It was impossibe to get hold of this the last time I was in Paris.  I have found websites that sell it, but at a ridiculous mark-up because it had been featured on GOOP (US$35?!).  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it at the prescription counters this time for €5.20.  I have been using a tiny amount of the clear vaseline-textured gel inbetween my brows twice a week.  So far I haven't had any irritations (which you usually get with Retin A use).  It's too soon to report on results but I will update later.



Bioderma.  €15.90 for 2x500ml bottles.  I definitely don't recommend using only this for taking off your makeup every night.  But it is very handy for fixing my mascara/eyeliner mishaps (with a cotton bud/q-tip) and for taking makeup off the back of your hand (for products that need to be warmed up before appl).  The large bottles are a bit cumbersome so I decant into the little travel size bottle for my dressing table.


Phytobaume Volume Volumising Conditioner for Fine Hair €10.90.  Love this.  Super conditioning but does not weigh my hair down.




Phytopanama Daily Balancing Shampoo for Oily Scalp €5.50 (on special, usually €8.50).  Unfortunately I am blessed with super fine hair with an oily scalp.  I use this as a weekly clarifying shampoo and it seems to be doing a good job.  It has a strong herbal smell and is very watery & does not really foam up (which might be a good thing).  One negative thing about it is the opening - the bottle does not include a pump and due to its runniness, I lose a lot of the product down th drain.



4 Comments

  1. The products you bought look really interesting!
    Love your pics btw

  2. Thank you, glad you liked the post :)

  3. hi, just want to jump in and say something about the famous bioderma. I've been using this product for years to take off my makeup (foundation, mascara, lipstick and all ) and I stick to the "no need to wash your face after" (ohhhh I'm lazy). But truly, for years it never brought me into any trouble, my acne and oily skin even seem to be in better condition ( I would't give the credit to the product, cuz' skin changes. I mean it's powerful enough to clean perfectly the skin and do no harm. ).
    But I see your point and share your idea of not recommend using it by taking that much of a risk. I'm trying to reach out to people like me and say to them not to be afraid of doing so, at least there is one person lucky enough.

  4. Thely - I'm apprehensive about using (and suggesting) a cleansing routine that only involves Bioderma because I see micellar waters more as makeup removers rather than cleansers. Cleansing is a very important part of my skincare routine and I prefer to do a double cleanse with cleansing oil+cleanser+muslin cloth. I'm glad to hear it worked out for you though :)

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...