Chanel Rouge Allure in Excentrique #96

| 4 Comments


I have been anticipating the relaunch of the Chanel Rouge Allures ever since I saw preview pictures of the various colours.  A lot of the shades were a departure from Chanel's usual line-up - there are a lot more vivid bright shades and a lot less "safe" colours. 

I made a mental wishlist before I headed to the counter - Exaltée, Enjouée, Excentrique and Pimpante - I skipped the reds since I have far too many red lipsticks already and not enough opportunities to wear them!  Pimpante was slightly too light for me (I think - I did not try it on my lips), Enjouée when swatched looked too similar to coral Rouge Allures I already have (Coquette & Hyde Park), and so Excentrique was my pick.




Described as an "intense apricot", I think Excentrique is much brighter than that suggests - I would say it is bright orange.  This shade is very showy, almost garish, but I like it - I don't have any orange lipsticks in my current collection.


As suggested on the packaging, Rouge Allures are more pigmented than Rouge Cocos.  The lipstick itself seem to have more slide as well for a smoother application.


Although it is a relaunch of Rouge Allures, Chanel have kept the same packaging - the chic click and slide tube, which I think is one of the best lipstick tubes.  My first Chanel lipstick was a Rouge Allure because I was drawn by the packaging.


In my opinion, Excentrique works best on tanned or darker skintones.  As you can see in the swatch below, I'm not kidding when I say this shade is bright.  This is not one of those lipsticks you can apply straight from the bullet - a lip brush is required because messy application will be very obvious, like a red lipstick.  I find this formula, with a light shine finish, more moisturising than the Rouge Cocos.




Although I only bought one, I could have easily picked up a couple.  What are your picks from the new Rouge Allure line-up?

4 Comments

  1. I love orange lipsticks, I think I must go try this at the store. I love your swatches, they re very clear. Can't wait to see the other one.

  2. How beautiful is that lipstick - wowza! Also, I absolutely love your photography! Makes the product look so delicious! :)

  3. I picked up a couple of these..but I seem to be the only human in the world the formula doesn't work for :(( It just seems so drying on my lips!!!

    Love your photos :)

  4. Jacqueline - Thank you! If you like orange lipsticks then you must have a look at Excentrique.

    Annick - It sure is. Glad you like my photos :)

    Radhika - Unfortunately I find Chanel lipsticks tend to be not as moisturising as some other high end brands. Suqqu, Dior & Tom Ford all have very creamy formulas. Do try Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm if you can get your hands on it - best lip balm I've used!

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...