August Favourites post is a tiny bit late because I totally forgot - August just went by so quickly. My August makeup look was mainly a bronzed flushed look or a very simple bright statement lip. I didn't use highlighters very much since my skin naturally veers (often dangerously) shiny/glowy in summer.
- 01. Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Initiale - both colour and texture is amazing. Gives a rosy but natural looking flush.
- 02. Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow in Liquifuschia - for when I want a more dramatic rosy cheek look
- 03. Guerlain Pucci Bronzer Blush - I think I have featured this in my favourites for a few months running. When I bought it I never thought I would reach for it as much as I do - this is very good for when I'm running late and don't want to think about what to use on my face.
- 04. Guerlain Sun Shimmer Highlighter/Blush in Sunny Pink - It doesn't look it in the tube but it gives a sheer natural colour to the cheeks
- 05. NARS Laguna/Orgasm Duo - I only use the Laguna bronzer side nowadays - for when I want more bronzed/contoured look.
- 06. and 07. Burberry Lip Cover in Primrose Hill Pink and Burberry Lip Cover in Golden Peach - My other lipsticks have been neglected lately since these two have become my go to day to day lipsticks. If I want a natural look, I dab a tiny bit on my lips then apply with fingers.
- 08. Becca Lip and Cheek Creme in Tuberose - please excuse the review, it was when I frst started blogging and I cringe a little looking at my old photos. I like to use this to replicate this Becca look on the left. Gorgeous.
- 09. and 10. Burberry Eye Shadows in Dark Sable and Mulberry - August hasn't been much of an eyeshadow month but when I did wear them, I reached for these.
- 11. Le Labo Bergamote 22 - my perfume for summer
- 12. Chanel Frenzy
- 13. Chanel Distraction
- 14. Dior Bikini
- 15 Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Pencil - Recently I panicked when I thought they had been discontinued in the UK as i couldn't find them on the Avon website. So when I saw them again I grabbed SIX. These are phenomenal for lining the top waterline.
- 16. Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara - I've been using more than my Benefit They're Real this month. A very good drugstore mascara - I always stock up on Masterpiece mascaras when they're on 3 for 2 special at Boots.
- 17. Chanel Vertigo - to be reviewed soon. I tried this shade for my Chanel manicure and it's a weird colour that looks quite good on the hands
- 18. Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colour in Burnished Copper - for lazy days - just swipe and go
Top Left: The end of the London Olympics. TV was VERY boring after the Olympics finished.
Top Right: When you buy something at The Covent Garden pop-up, you get a black perspex tag - I quite like it but it's kinda useless too.
Bottom Left: My Vertigo manicure from the pop-up.
Bottom Right: Random fox with monocle and a drink in the mens wear section of Selfridges
In other news, I think I have found a new apartment. August has been a very stressful month for me - rental flat hunting in London is not fun...lots of overpriced shoeboxes. I have paid a holding deposit for the studio but haven't signed contracts etc yet - let's hope everything works out!