August Favourites & Randomness

| 6 Comments


August Favourites post is a tiny bit late because I totally forgot - August just went by so quickly.  My August makeup look was mainly a bronzed flushed look or a very simple bright statement lip.  I didn't use highlighters very much since my skin naturally veers (often dangerously) shiny/glowy in summer.





    • 09. and 10. Burberry Eye Shadows in Dark Sable and Mulberry - August hasn't been much of an eyeshadow month but when I did wear them, I reached for these.
    • 11. Le Labo Bergamote 22 - my perfume for summer
    • 12. Chanel Frenzy 
    • 13. Chanel Distraction
    • 14. Dior Bikini
    • 15 Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Pencil - Recently I panicked when I thought they had been discontinued in the UK as i couldn't find them on the Avon website.  So when I saw them again I grabbed SIX.  These are phenomenal for lining the top waterline.
    • 16. Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara - I've been using more than my Benefit They're Real this month.  A very good drugstore mascara - I always stock up on Masterpiece mascaras when they're on 3 for 2 special at Boots.
    • 17. Chanel Vertigo - to be reviewed soon.  I tried this shade for my Chanel manicure and it's a weird colour that looks quite good on the hands
    • 18. Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Colour in Burnished Copper - for lazy days - just swipe and go



    Top Left: The end of the London Olympics.  TV was VERY boring after the Olympics finished.
    Top Right: When you buy something at The Covent Garden pop-up, you get a black perspex tag - I quite like it but it's kinda useless too.
    Bottom Left: My Vertigo manicure from the pop-up.
    Bottom Right: Random fox with monocle and a drink in the mens wear section of Selfridges

    In other news, I think I have found a new apartment.  August has been a very stressful month for me - rental flat hunting in London is not fun...lots of overpriced shoeboxes.  I have paid a holding deposit for the studio but haven't signed contracts etc yet - let's hope everything works out!

    6 Comments

    1. ohh the Nars Laguna bronzer looks gorgeous. haha When I save enough money, I will definitely splurge on a bronzer. :)

    2. LOVE the pictures in this post... especially the first one - so much pretty pink! Haha, thanks for sharing your favorites - I loved reading about them! :)

    3. good luck with all the moving stuff! How does the kevyn aucoin creamy glow wear on you? I had intended to get one earlier in the summer but it barely lasted an hour on me! :( Love all your favorites this month, and especially can't wait to try some Becca! :)

    4. Popcorn - Sometimes it's worth spending on quality not quantity - it feels great to save for something you really covet.

      Blog Rince - Thank you! Yes the first photo it pink/peach/coral overload

      Bronzerbunny - I'm not sure how long it lasts exactly but I have found that after you apply, you need to wait a few minutes and let it settle - then you will see the colour doesn't look as pigmented as you left it and you need to add a bit more. This is not just for Kevyn Aucoin but all cream blushes!

    5. I love the lipstick colors! Gorgeous :)

    6. Thanks Katherine, I love them too :)

    Leave a Reply

    Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
    To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...