Rouge Dior Nude Lip Blush in Grege #169

| 8 Comments


Dior has launched a new line of lipsticks, called Rouge Dior Nude, together with the new Diorskin Nude foundations.

Imagine a new lipstick that behaves like a highlighting blush, thanks to radiant new shades and a new treatment balm formula.

From the first application, lips are perfectly hydrated, plumped and smoothed, thanks to a formula containing a high concentration of active treatment ingredients.

Rouge Dior Nude is available in 10, new, warm or cool, blush-effect shades that add a transparent touch of warmth or coolness to the complexion. From beige to bronze and from greyish-beige to rosewood, they echo the nude coloured silhouettes of the latest Dior shows.

These lipsticks are not nude in the traditional sense, but are supposed to subtley enhance your natural lip colour.

I don't know about you but I was sold by the promotional images of Natalie Portman.


So I naturally I bought the colour she is wearing and created, Grege.  And also because all proceeds from Grege go towards the children's charity Free The Children.


The only Dior lipsticks I've tried before purchasing Grege were the Addict and Addict Extreme formulas, both which I found to be very good. 


Rouge Dior's packaging is more traditional and elegant compared to the Addict lines,  featuring the Dior Cannage pattern.  It looks more old fashioned but I quite like it.  Similar to other high end lipsticks, Dior is embossed onto the actual lipstick - but a bit too close to the top - I managed to smudge it when I did my swatches, which ruins the lipstick a bit.



I road tested Grege everyday for a week before I wrote this review because I was undecided about it.  Initial thought was that this is a very creamy and moisturising lipstick - I use this lipstick in place of lip balm.  But the downside of sheer creamy lipsticks is a lack of lasting power - this lipstick wears off quite quickly.


Colour wise, it does what it says on the tin - it's a very natural shade that enhances your lip colour.  Grege is lighter than my natural lip colour and doesn't give me the severe "dead nude" look.  I think that is down to the sheerness & shine of the lipstick, and also the concept that nude doesn't mean beigey skin colour but very soft varying shades of soft pink and peach.


However, the lipstick is almost TOO subtle - I find I need to wear more blush to add more colour to my face, otherwise I look a bit drained.  But I don't think that is the fault of the lipstick - it's down to the shade you pick and the effect you want.


Grege as the name is misleading - it is neither grey or beige toned but a very natural shade of pink.  I had a quick google and I think the name means to enhance/increase. In this case your lip colour.

Overall I think this is a lovely formula and a very good selection of nude colours.  I might pick up another - in a darker colour though (Ingenue or Sillage).

8 Comments

  1. I really like Dior Lip sticks & Glosses. This one is beautiful:)
    Sara xx

  2. oh i love that shot of natalie portman! The color does look quite pretty :)

  3. It's a lovely color. I too can't wear nudy nude lips. They make me look lifeless. Thanks for the review!

  4. I definitely want a lipstick from the Nude range, but I'm still undecided about the shade. I think it would be best for me to try them on in store to pick the most flattering one.

  5. I love this shade, but I know what you mean - 'nude-type' shades can be tricky to wear. I think probably going a touch lighter or darker would maybe make all the difference? I only own one of these lippies in Plum Daisy, which I bought last month. I like it but haven't worn it much - I'm just not sure about it yet. I think you had the right idea by wearing this for a week before giving your impression. I think I'll do the same! :)

  6. Ooh, I want that now! Might need to run out to Douglas tomorrow!!

    beautybasicsxx.blogspot.com

  7. Sara - Yes this line of lipstick is very nice indeed. Everyone will find a nude that is flattering for their skin tone

    Bronzerbunny - Natalie Portman can make anything look pretty

    Joanne - These colours are definitely not the concealer type nude. Have a look - I'm sure you'll find a nude that suits you

    Lulle - Yes please do try them in store. They all look similar in the tubes but you really do have to swatch/try them on to see which suits you best

    Toyarosie - did you end up getting one?

  8. Bryn - they sure do look pretty :)

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...