May was a bit of a blah month makeup-wise. I have been trying to get into work on time rather than cruising in at 10 (which means a much longer day as I don't leave the office until 7pm usually), so I've had less time to think about what to wear and just grabbed whatever was in front of me.
On top of that, there wasn't really any new makeup collections screaming out my name - so I didn't really have any new bits of face makeup to play with except for the Dior Addict in Jet-Set. Nail polish was a whole other story though.
- Edward Bess Quad Royale in Monte Carlo - highlighter & blush in one palette, saves room in my hangbag
- Benefit They're Real mascara - Ok, I must sound like a broken record now but this is still my favourite mascara, 5 months running
- Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes in Platinum - beautiful colour, quick & easy to apply
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Flirt - sheer coral
- Chanel Joues Contraste in Fleur de Lotus - love love love this colour
- Dior Rosy Glow Blush - I have to say I wasn't overwhelmed with this when I first bought it but it's growing on me
- Dior Addict Lipstick in Jet-Set - another sheer coral
- Bobbi Brown gel liner in black - been doing kitten flick liner with bright blush
- Chanel Bronze Rosé - it's been hot the past week in London so have been using this on cheeks and across the nose for sun-kissed glow
- Guerlain Terracotta Blush Sun Shimmer Highlighter in Sunny Pink - still love using this as blush
- Avon Supershock eyeliner in black - you can see how much I love this
May was an expensive month for nail polish though. There were so many gorgeous new colours.
Clockwise from 12 o'clock: No. 7 Stay Perfect Glitter Top Coat in Gold, Dior Bikini, Dior Saint-Tropez, Chanel Frisson, Chanel Distraction, No. 7 Stay Perfect Glitter Top Coat in Silver, Nails Inc in Blue Bell (from Instyle magazine, I threw the magazine away as the UK edition is dire), Chanel Island (which I bought a few days ago but I loved it immediately)
And now for randomness:
It's peony season! I love the flower stand at Liberty - I picked up 10 stems of peonies there for £12.50 - not bad for Central London.
It's finally warm & sunny in London! I love London summers as it doesn't get dark until very very late - The Big Ben photo was taken at 8:30pm. I don't know if this is a UK or London only thing - when the sun comes out, women love to sun bathe in the parks in their bikinis (no beaches in London). I love the deck chairs in St James's Park.
The decorations are all out for the Diamond Jubilee - I hope they leave them out until the Olympics are over because I quite like it. And I found a hole in the wall kind of Korean cafe - it's called Seoul Bakery but they don't sell any kind of baked goods (?!). It sells cheap bibimbaps, noodles and Asian drinks. The cafe caters mainly for students and is wallpapered in post-it notes left by customers. Instant love.
I've had my hands on the Chanel summer collection for the past few days, reviews coming soon.