Chanel Joues Contraste in Rose Ecrin

| 0 Comments


Rose Ecrin is my first Joues Contraste.  I am not sure why, but it might have to do with the fact that I probably have enough different blushes to last me a whole month without ever repeating one of them.



First impressions.  Standard Chanel black compact with a mirror (I love how Chanel palettes are all the same size - it makes organising them much easier).  The brush included is pretty useless and very scratchy, but I don't expect anyone to use it unless in emergencies only.


Now I know they look very similar to the Bourjois blushes.  But there is a reason for the huge price difference - quality.  The texture of the powder is very fine and smooth, whereas Bourjois blushes tend to feel a bit gritty to me.  But to compare the two is a bit unfair since you can get about 4 Bourjois blushes for a price of one Joues Contraste.


In a fair comparison, I think texture wise it is similar to Shu Uemura Glow On blushes, except Shu Uemura is silkier.  The colour is also similar to a very old Shu Uemura blushes that I have, M Pink 33E.  I think that colour is one of their most popular for the Glow On blushes - a neutral powder pink.  Rose Ecrin is pretty similar, but slightly less fairy floss and more of a grown up rosy pink.  Unlike the completely matte Shu Uemura, Rose Ecrin has a tiny bit of micro shimmer in it.

Like most Chanel products, Rose Ecrin is lightly scented with roses...which I don't mind at all.  At £31, I would recommend this if you're in the mood to splurge.  But if you're more budget conscious (or just more normal than me), you can buy high end blushes that are similar in colour and quality for a lot cheaper (eg Shu Uemura or Bobbi Brown).

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...