L'Oréal Super Liner Carbon Gloss

| 0 Comments


I know I feature a lot of high end products on my blog, but I do use some "drugstore" makeup as well.  Basic eyeliners are one of them, and I think this liquid eyeliner from L'Oréal is worth every bit of £6.50.

With a L'Oréal Super Liner, you're basically getting a Lancôme Artliner for ⅓ of the price (Lancôme Artliner retails for £19.90).  I used to use Lancôme until I found out L'Oréal Super Liner is pretty much the same formula (L'Oréal owns Lancôme) and applicator.



As the name suggestes, the Carbon Gloss Super Liners are VERY black and has a glossy finish.  I don't have an Artliner to compare but I have swatched it beside Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black. 


This swatch doesn't quite do it justice but the Super Liner gives a much more intense line of black compared to the Gel Liner.  But with this intensity there is a drawback - it is much harder to apply, especially if you don't have a steady hand.


Most liquid eyeliners tend to have this felt tip applicator now.  I find they help with drawing a straighter line -it is easier to control compared to the tiny super fine brushes.  If you have difficulty with liquid eyeliner, try resting your elbow against a hard surface.

Giorgio Armani, beauty look from Instyle.com, Louis Vuitton
Images from style.com and instyle.com

Here's some graphic eyeliner looks from the Fall 2011 shows for inspiration.

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...