Christian Dior Couture Spring 2012 Makeup

| 3 Comments

images: Vogue Paris

I adore the makeup at Christian Dior Couture by Pat McGrath.  A fresh and modern interpretation of 50's makeup (liner & full brows) to complement the new "original Dior New Look" silhouette. (To be honest I prefer the makeup to the dresses, please bring Galliano back!)

I am going to try this look tomorrow - gel liner (I'll skip the false lashes), highlight in the inner corner (maybe the white shimmer eyeshadow as well), pink cream blush on the apples and lips

images: Vogue Paris

 image: Dior Bar Palette

(I know, I know, they didn't use this palette.  I just posted a photo of it because I think it's exquisite)


edited 26.01.12: I wore my version of the look today and will probably wear it again soon - Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector on the cheekbones, Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush Wand in Vermeer, Bobbi Brown Gel Liner and Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Rivage. (Obviously not what they used in the show but I used whatever I had that looked similar)

3 Comments

  1. no way I've posted about the christian dior show tonight aswell. That palette is amazing, You wouldn't want to use it would you? xx

  2. I really love the fresh faces here! I want to give it a go, too. I'll have to experiment to get that dewy finish, though - my favorite foundations are matte!

  3. Natalie - That palette is definitely a 'just look at it" palette.

    Larie - I tried the look today and the BF liked it :) Maybe try mixing in a tiny bit of illuminator with your usual foundation? I'm a matte foundation girl too.

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...