My April look has mostly been a matchy matchy combination of bright lips and nails.
- Benefit They're Real mascara - I keep forgetting to include this in my favourites but I'm already up to my third/fourth tube (I've lost count). I use a waterproof mascara as a base to hold the curl and layer this on top. Doesn't smudge on oily lids.
- Dior Addict Extreme in Riviera
- Dior Addict Extreme in Lucky
- Chanel Vitalumiêre Aqua Compact Foundation sample - I've been using this together with my Shiseido foundation brush - great combination. However I still haven't taken the leap to buy this foundation yet as it's not ideal for my skin type - I like the initial finish but my skin gets a bit too dewy for my liking after a few hours. I love the convenience of it, so Chanel - please make one for combination/oily skin!
- Giorgio Armani Master Corrector in #02 Abricot (to be reviewed) - I haven't had this for very long but I love it already. I'm surprised it isn't featured/raved about in beauty blogs/beauty columns as much as it should be. Works in the same way as Bobbi Brown's Correctors but the execution is 100x better.
- Leighton Denny Crystal Nail File - Like last month's pencil sharpener revelation, it pays to invest in a good nail file. I spend quite a lot of money on makeup & skincare but skimped on the basics like a crystal nail file and I have no idea why (I have even used my mum's OPI crystal file a few years ago and loved it). This makes shaping your nails so much easier and doesn't damage your nails. I will never use a cheap emery board/metal nail file again.
- Guerlain Terracotta Sun Shimmer Highlighting Blush in #02 Sunny Pink (to be reviewed) - The fact that I wore this as my blush everyday for a whole week says it all really.
- Tom Ford Cream Color for Eyes in Platinum (to be reviewed) - Like I said on Twitter/Instagram, it looks like chocolate mousse (baby poo) in a pot but I love it.
- Nails Inc Elizabeth Street (to be reviewed)- A pale pink that actually looks good against my skintone. Hurrah!
- Dior Vernis in Incognito
- Dior Vernis in Riviera (to be reviewed)
- Dior Vernis in Lucky
Another favourite is Lisa Eldridge's column in UK Elle. I'm only buying this magazine for her column (I've given up buying print magazines a while ago since they take up a lot of space).
April is my birthday so it means getting spoilt by my friends. Thank you :)
Here's an excuse to show off my new ring (gift from my girlfriends) and my Nails Inc manicure from their press day. I went to the event with Porchester Square on my nails, so I asked for their new sprinkle polish (Sweets Way) on the tips only.
A lot of nail polish brands have caught up on the different sizes/round/hexagonal glitter bandwagon now so Nails Inc is definitely not alone in "taking inspiration". What I do like about these is that the base colour is very opaque - two coats will give very good coverage, and that they're more affordable at £11 (and I imagine they would be more readily available for UKers as Nails Inc is stocked at Boots).
Nails Inc Sprinkles Nail Polish (available in June) - Pudding Lane, Sweets Way, Topping Lane, Sugarhouse Lane. (And yes they are still actual London street names, I google mapped it) [images from Nails Inc]
A bit of birthday shopping and a shout out to my shirt twin Ohh...Pretty!
I'm one of those people who love wandering through foreign supermarkets when travelling. I picked up my usual chocolate biscuits and some new items - Monster Munch & some vegetable packet soups - addicted! I need more now. UK definitely should get cup-a-soup like these instead of the usual boring favours.
And for pure randomness now - chocolate chicken on a mini Eero Saarinen Tulip Chair, "The Kingdom" and dots by Damien Hirst.
And last but certainly not least (in this super long post), I am hugely flattered that The Beauty Look Book reads my blog. Thank you Sabrina for the link! ♡