Guerlain Pucci Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder & Blush

| 2 Comments


Before I bought this palette, I had second thoughts about it. Do I really need another bronzer (since I'm not a fan of bronzer)? Do I really need another blush (I have enough to use a different one everyday for a month at least)? Is any bronzer/blush really worth £51?

Yes this bronzer blush is really quite expensive. But it is also very big - in fact one could probably use is as a mini discus. I caved in (for research purposes) since I had £15 worth of reward points at Debenhams (btw I used to snub Debenhams but their Beauty Club reward card is excellent when they have bonus point events!).


I had read lots of reviews about this bronzer blush and they were all gushing reviews that gave you a run down of everything, including the three magnetic catches and why they used wood for the packaging etc. I will skip all of that in this review.


Lots of people seemed to want this because it's a collaboration with Pucci. Having never been a fan of Pucci prints, I wasn't really attracted to the palette in this aspect. Yes you get a Pucci print pouch for the compact - but it's a because the wooden compact is quite fragile and it will get ruined if you throw it into your makeup bag. The compact needs some kind of protective padding.


I am not tempted because of the design on the powder either. It is nice looking but not wow. It's not that Pucci-esque to my eye - it would look much more Pucci like if it was an eyeshadow palette with very bright colours.




I definitely do not like it for the smell. The scent of this bronzer blush is very strong and smells of Gardenias - and not in a good way. Luckily this grandma-ish scent dissipates quite quickly after application.


So what do I like about it? It looks gorgeous on - simple as that. The bronzer on its own doesn't turn oompa loompa orange. The blush & highlight colours combined creates a flattering, surprisingly non-garish shade (it looks super bright in the palette). All colours combined gives an effortless sun kissed glow to the cheeks. It's neither too matte nor too shimmery.  I could easily wear this for a whole week (together with this season's coral lips) and never get bored of it.



2 Comments

  1. When I first saw this in stores, I was undecided.. but the more I see it, the more I think I need it in my life haha x

  2. Lol. Have you bought it yet? Tbh I don't think I would have bought it if I had to pay full price...

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...