Quite frankly, I'm not impressed with the September Boudoir Privé box. I feel the samples are a bit paltry for £10 (maybe it's fine if you ordered the box for £5 with the discount code). Unfortunately I wasn't particularly interested in the selection of products either.
What's in the box:
- Agent Provocateur L'Agent sample (1.5ml)
- Colbert MD Nourish Eye Cream sample (volume unknown, the jar is about 10p coin size) - I already have the full sized jar of this so not that exciting for me
- Tropic Body Smooth Refreshing Polish (volume unknown, Tropic is The Apprentice's Susan Ma's skincare range*)
- Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment (10ml, first 2 ingredients listed are silicones - but who knows, it might work well)
- Cargo Boogie Nights eyeliner in black (sample size)
- Zoya nail polish in Jem (7.5ml, normal size 14ml)
- Zoya Smoke & Mirrors collection nail spoons
The bonus gift was a Mai Couture blotting/bronzing paper. And I say "a" because there is only one sheet of blotting paper.
all the samples combined are about the size of an Oyster card
Speaking of codes, they have again offered a half price code for the next box for new subscribers. Which annoys me greatly because existing/early subscribers cannot use this offer.
I'll post the code since they keep offering it (and lots of people seem to be googling for it) - 1BOX12.
Boudoir Prive allows for returns so I might just return this box. As for my subscription...it's unlikely that I will keep it. I subscribe to both Glossybox and Boudoir Prive, and whilst Glossybox is more expensive, I have found it to be more value for money as they have included full sized products in every box so far, along with discount codes for the brands.
But I have to say, I think the novelty of beauty boxes has worn off for me.
* Let's hope it's arsenic-free.