Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Mulberry #24 A/W 2012 Collection

| 9 Comments


Mulberry #24 is a rich autumnal shade that can look quite scary in the pan - it appears to be a deep berry wine colour.  I actually prefer this shade to Dark Sable from Burberry's Autumn Winter 2012 collection.


As a side note, I found it quite cheeky for Burberry to name the colour Mulberry - it's very obviously mulberry fruit coloured but it just happens to be the name of another British brand.


Unlike Dark Sable, Mulberry has a shimer finish, which seems to help soften the colour.  The below photo was taken under direct sun, so the shimmer particles are much more obvious than usual.




When swatched, Mulberry doesn't look as red as expected - on me it actually looks like a half & half of brown and burgundy (on other skintones the burgundy might show through more).   I like to wear Mulberry as a soft sheer wash all over the lid with smudged brown pencil liner - it looks very good on brown eyes.

I really like the effect of layering Mulberry on top of Dark Sable (which I'm told, is what was used in the ad visual on Cara Delvingne).


I really like Burberry's aesthetic of buildable sheer neutrals for the eyes - it's natural & elegant - my personal preference for makeup.


Dark Sable and Mulberry were my first Burberry eyeshadow purchases and no doubt more will find their way into my collection soon.

9 Comments

  1. Wow I was expecting it to swatch with a lot of red, but that looks great, you've sold me on this, thanks so much for the great review :)

  2. I love this color...
    And burbrerry makeup always has nice quality.


    I absolutely adore your blog. The makeup is wonderful and I'll really love to try that out!

    Following u now via both Goggle + and blog lovin'. Follow me back if you like! ♥
    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

  3. This I got to have, thanks for the beautiful swatches, I can't wait for this to reach Singpore.

  4. Replica - you're welcome :D and yes it doesn't show much red, it's really wearable.

    Miss Kwong - Thank you and done :) Good luck on your move!

    Jacqueline - I think it's launching overseas in September, both eyeshadows are gorgeous.

  5. Oh my, I SO want this shade!!! I only own one Burberry shadow but I'm dying to pick up a few more. This looks really lovely, and just enhances Dark Sable too. Congrats on picking these beauties up :)

  6. I'm so glad I found your blog! I just heard that the new shadows arrived at my local Nordstrom and of course, I'm way too excited to see what it looks like in person. Your pictures make me want to take both mulberry and dark sable home to add to my growing Burberry beauty collection. :)

  7. Beauty Obsessed - Exactly my thought - once you've tried one Burberry eyeshadow you want more and more! Mulberry doesn't look it in the pan but it's a very gorgeous & wearable shade

    Chris El - :D yes please go and have a look, they are both beautiful x

  8. I saw the promo image for the new collection and I died. I really want to know if there are any dupes for those two shadows and I squirm every time I see the price. It is, however, seriously calling my name.

  9. Ricquetta - Ok I'm going to be a bad influence here. If you really want the Burberry eyeshadows it's worth saving for - the quality is phenomenal and they are neutrals that you can wear all the time. It's worth cutting a few coffees/lunches here and there to treat yourself to makeup you really want! x

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...