Chanel Le Vernis in Diwali Bombay Express

| 4 Comments


Since the Chanel Paris-Bombay Métiers d'Art show back in December last year, I had wanted to get my hands on Diwali and the Nirvana Illusion d'ombre.  Sadly Nirvana never made it into production, so I only picked up Diwali from the Bombay Express collection.  And just as I had suspected, the Route des Indes de Chanel is disappointingly far too gold and sparkly for me.


Gold is a colour that I find very difficult to wear, as I have yellow based skintone - I find wearing gold coloured anything tends to make me look jaundised.  Diwali looked like a pale "silvered-down" gold in the fashion show photos and I wanted to try it immediately.



Diwali is a pale champagne gold with lots of micro shimmer particles - which Chanel is so good at.  As always, the shimmer is more evident in the bottle than when applied.


Initially I thought Diwali and Delight from the summer collection might look almost identical.  But next to each other, you can see Delight takes on more of a rose gold tone and is grittier in texture. 


I found Diwali had a shorter wear time than my other Chanel nail polishes.  However I still love it as it is an unique and flattering colour.

4 Comments

  1. Oh this looks so pretty on your nails! I didn't want to pick it up for pretty much the same reason that you listed..and I am darker skinned too...so I just feel it would look sort of gaudy on me.. Isn't it terribly disappointing Nirvana never made it to production..that was the one I was waiting for..the entire Bombay Express collection was a :((

  2. Sylvie, I like to read your blog and with pleasure I pass on baton of an award of "THANK YOU" to you!
    http://my-cosmetic-bag.blogspot.com/2012/07/thank-you.html#more

  3. Radhika - I think Diwali is a lovely colour and would be flattering for darker skintones! Yeh I was looking forward to Nirvana but I guess it didn't go into production because it is too close to Mirifique? I wish they will release Illusion d'Ombres without so shimmer - a chocolate brown colour would be wonderful.

    Olga - Thank you :)

  4. That colour is absolutely gorgeous! I've never really been a huge nailvarnish fan but that is immense! definitely going to add it to my list! xxx

    http://thediaryofapoorgirl.blogspot.co.uk/

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...