Benefit Posietint

| 0 Comments


I don't usually buy Glamour magazine but with this month's issue you can either get a mini bottle of Benetint, Posietint or High Beam.  I decided to go for Posietint as I already have the Natural Cheek Stain by Tarte in Natural Beauty, which is a similar colour to Benetint.  Didn't consider High Beam because I have too many illuminators/highlighters already.

The mini bottle contains 4ml of product.  The mini bottle retails for £10 on Benefit's website or the full size (12.5ml) is £24.50.



I have to admit I don't have much experience with any Benefit product.  I think it's to do with their packaging - very bright and different designs that look a bit childish to me.  I know it's supposed to look fun and frivolous but I like chic and simple.  The cardboard packaging also turns me off.  Why would I want to buy a £23.50 blush that is housed in cardboard and will fall apart?

I've never used or swatched this before, so it took me a while to get a hang of it.  On me after I apply the liquid gel it appears like there's no colour at all.  But after a while it seems to develop and get darker.  Not sure if it is the same with everyone else?

I tried Posietint on my cheeks and found that Posietint tends to make my finger more pink than my cheeks.  And because it's a stain, you're going to end up with a finger with a lovely bubblegum pink flush.



Posietint can either be very subtle or very bright, depending how much you apply (above is very heavy swatch blended and unblended).  However, it dries very quickly, and if you didn't apply it very evenly and or in timely manner before it sets, it will look patchy.

I don't think I would buy this product, but for £2 it's worth trying for fun.

edit: I swatched and wrote this yesterday, and when I woke up this morning, the swatch patches are still there!

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...