Makeup Packaging - The Bad

| 0 Comments


Personally the packaging of a makeup product sways my opinion of the product and whether I will buy it. I know it really shouldn't, but it does. I like things to look good.

These are all culprits of bad packaging. NARS I am looking at you in particular.



Nars were the first (I think), to have that rubbery packaging that Becca & Jemma Kidd has also adopted now. Sure it looks and feels nice when it's brand new. But it sure looks awful after it's been around for a while. I have not mistreated this blush, but Orgasm is usually the blush I bring when I travel, so it's done its share in my huge makeup bag. It's dirty. It's scratched. Both which cannot be fixed - it is impossible to clean this rubbery compact.


The same applies to my NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. It is perhaps even worse because both of these are white.


Another thing that annoys me are packaging that crack. Sure I admit I dropped these by accident, but somehow I still think these plastic containers should be just slightly thicker.


And this one is the worse packaging I have ever come across. I don't have the original tube anymore because I hated it so much, I decanted it into a muji container. No.7 Skin Illuminator.

image from boots.com

I don't know why they thought it would be a good idea to combine a tube and a brush together. Perhaps they were trying to make it a bigger version of a touche eclat. Either way, it is ugly AND not practical. Sure it is fine when the tube is brand new. But once you've used it a few times the brush bristles get stuck together. And then the product gets stuck and won't come out. You are scared to squeeze it just a bit harder in case you get an explosion of highlighter. All over your favourite white top.

Don't get me wrong, all of these products are fantastic.  But they would all be perfect if they sorted out the terrible packaging.

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...