Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil

| 0 Comments


I adore this.  The fact that I've been using this to remove my makeup for 8 years says a lot.


image from shuuemura.co.uk

Shu Uemura has several different types of cleansing oil, each catering for different skin types.  They are all packaged the same way, except for the colour tint.  The pink one that I'm using is the Fresh High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil.  I can never remember the name so when I'm in the store I just ask for the pink cleansing oil.  It is a lightweight version designed for combination/oily skin with some added skincare ingredients:

Contains cherry extract, depsea water, and a fresh, clean aroma based on sakura (cherry blossom), grapefruit and lily.

This formula refines skin texture by smoothing skin surface and helps bring radiance to the skin. It also naturally provides moisture to skin, and helps to enhance skin transparency and improve skin quality.

I know some people are turned off by the thought of using oil to cleanse - it doesn't seem to make sense.  Except it does.  I use the cleansing oil to thoroughly remove all my makeup, especially my eye makeup.  I use waterproof mascaras and they are a pain to take off at the end of the day.  With the cleansing oil I simply put a bit on each eye (not IN your eye, you know what I mean) and gently massage the lashes in between my thumb and finger.  NO MORE RUBBING AT THE VERY DELICATE SKIN AROUND YOUR EYES WITH A COTTON PAD.

After that I add a very drops of water to my face and massage all over, before rinsing with water.  Then I double cleanse again with a normal cleanser and a muslin cloth.

Here's Shu Uemura's instructions in the language of your choice (click for larger image).  Although 3-4 pumps sounds far too much for me (I usually use one pump).


Please don't do what one of my friends did when I recommended this to her:
  • DON'T apply it with a cotton pad like a normal makeup remover.
  • Apply it on dry face only.  It won't work if your face is already wet.

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...